How to Apply For Student Visa
According to Immigration Department of Malaysia students from overseas are requested to get a Student Pass to study in Malaysia. They can study in any private or public educational institutions which are approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs
- When applying the application has to be made through the respective Educational Institution prior to the entry.
- The Student must get an offer letter from the educational institution.
- Nationals from the Peoples Republic of China and common wealth independent states must get prior consent from the Department of Higher education.
- Nationals from the Peoples Republic of China are required to obtain entry Visa prior to entry.
- Must Complete the Form IMM.14 in duplicate.
- Two numbers of copies of the students Passport.
- Two passport sized photographs.
Except for nationals from The Peoples Republic of China, other country students who have obtained approval to study through the respective Educational Institution are allowed direct entry into Malaysia.
Special Pass will be issued to refer them to the respective State Immigration Department for issuance of Student Pass once the student provide the approval letter on his/her arrival.
Representatives are required to receive and attend to the student on arrival
Social Visit Pass is available only to the immediate relatives of the to the validity of the respective Student Pass Post-Graduate
Higher Educational Institution is required to sign Personal Bond prescribed under Regulation 18, Immigration Regulations 1963 as a guarantee that the person to whom such pass is issued will comply with the provisions of the Ordinance and of any regulations made there under. No fees charged for the Personal Bond.
- Visa, Student Pass Fees
- Student Pass RM60.00 a year or part of a year
- Visa – fees charged depending on the country.
- It is less than RM 100.00