- November 5, 2018
- Posted by: auspak
- Category: Blog
Deakin University, from T1 2019, will start accepting MOI (medium of Instruction) letters confirming that previous teaching institutions teach in English, in place of IELTS results. Students who have studied in NOOSR list of section 1 and 2 universities and who meet minimum CGPA requirements (stipulated below) and can supply MOI letter no longer have to supply IELTS or equivalent results.
Please see below for details of this new English language requirement Policy of Deakin University for Pakistan:
United Kingdom GCE/A-Level Students (applying for UG degrees):
- If a student has completed a GP (general paper) with C grade or above OR has done Humanities and Social Sciences subject with C grade or above, that student will get the IELTS exemption and will be considered for an entry into our Bachelor’s programs.
- If any student hasn’t studied the above courses, he/she will be required to achieve overall 6.0 band with 6.0 in every module of IELTS. If any student does not meet the English requirement of the course they have applied for, we will consider issuing a packaged offer with up to 20 weeks of ELICOS – “a Packaged COE”.
Graduate students (applying for PG degrees):
- If any student has completed 4 years degree program from NOOSR section 1 and 2~ universities with CGPA 2.5 or above (where the graduation mark is 2) or equivalent Australian WAM or above^, and that student can provide the MOI letter that meets conditions below, then the student will be exempted from providing results of an IELTS examination:
- ‘Letter of Instruction’ or ‘Medium of Instruction’ must be on the institution’s letterhead (duly stamped/verified by the institute and agency as well) and it must contains student’s full name, student ID/Roll Number etc., full course name and degree session; AND
- Specify that English is the language of instruction and assessment for the whole institution; AND
- Meet the required duration (4 years) and ‘weighted average mark’ (WAM) i.e. CGPA 2.5 or above
- If a student hasn’t achieved the required CGPA, he/she will be required to achieve overall 6.5 band with 6.0 in every module of IELTS. If the student does not meet the English requirement of the course they have applied for, we will consider issuing a packaged offer with up to 20 weeks of ELICOS – a Packaged COE.
Duration between the last completed degree (date mentioned on final official transcripts) and start of desired intake must not be more than 2 years.
This policy remains the same for all credit transfer cases.
This policy does not apply to MPhil/HDR (PhD) applications.
To summarize the above, from T1 2019, Deakin University, under the new English language requirement policy will accept:
- A-levels GP/Humanities and social science subjects with required grades i.e. C or above
- An MOI letter (with above mentioned conditions)
- Issue a packaged COE with up to 20 weeks of ELICOS where students do not meet the English requirement of the course they have applied for.
Deakin University expects the same quality of applicants from all business partners as produced to-date. Quality will be monitored for all applicants very closely during the GTE interviews, so they must be well prepared in their first and final interview. T1 2019 will serve as an evaluation period. If Deakin University observes any compromise in student quality from our business partners, this policy may be revoked completely or only for specific agencies with more GTE refusals, as performance of each agency will be reviewed after every intake.